olx.com Andromeda and Perseus a story
AliExpress WW

Andromeda and Perseus a story

 




One of the most interesting and exciting Greek myths is told from Princess Andromeda's view.

Andromeda was attached to a rock by her parents and left her to a sea monster to eat for breakfast. Not surprisingly, she was not satisfied with that. In her voice she tells us how this happened, and how the Greek hero, Perseus, saved her. Then we hear the life story of Perseus, including the story of how Gorgon Medusa decapitated the serpent.






My name is Princess Andromeda. You may have seen my picture because I have been painted many times by many different artists over the centuries. Usually they would appear to me somewhat naked, chained to a rock by the sea, with a snake about to come and devour me. Somehow they managed to show me a great look on the whole issue. It wasn't really like that. I can tell you, I've been yelling in my head - I mean, right? This monster, he was so ugly, sticky, covered in droppings, and he clearly had never brushed his teeth in his life. He would take his time, writhing in the waves and lashing his tail to cause me the utmost horror.

This really happened to me - and you know what? My parents chained me to this rock. Yes mom and dad! I thought they loved me! My mom always flaunted me. I told anyone who listened to me that I was more beautiful than a nereid mermaids - I'm not saying it wasn't true - but you can't say that kind of thing. It's called blasphemy. They want eternal, and they have the right that God gave them to claim the title of whatever they want, including the most beautiful. But I was young, and I didn't know that. The thing that really bothered me was their plan to marry me to my uncle. If he wasn't bad enough that he was middle-aged and ugly and my father's brother - he was also - would you believe him - a pirate. His horrific thug crews were threatening our ports, and he said they would do worse if I couldn't be his bride. So my dad and mom gave up without even asking for my opinion. The wedding was set, and the invitations came out with a small poem by a court poet comparing me to the Nereids and saying I led them in the looks department. They even send one of these little things to Poseidon, the god of the sea - well known for his stormy temper - and the proud father of the aforementioned Nerd. What a mistake that was! Not only did he stir the waves, but he vomited an evil monster that had come to destroy our coast. His priestess told my parents that the monster wouldn't quit until you both have a right for breakfast as a gift. You now know how I found myself in this somewhat nasty predicament chained to a rock. If that wasn't annoying enough, there was a tile painter on the cliffs, recording the first impression of Andromeda and a sea monster of mythology. I don't know if I am more terrified or angry than my parents. I thought I would never see my 17th birthday.

As I mentioned, the sea monster was pulling things off - I think he enjoyed the drama of it all. Crowds of onlookers would have had their money - but that was his big mistake.

I looked at the sky crying out: "O Zeus, Lord of the heavens, send me liberation from this ugly beast and from my foolish parents!" And whoever said that prayer has no power - because from the clouds appeared a strange bird. I immediately saw that this was something out of the ordinary; He looked straighter in air than a normal feathered friend. Can't say it swooped like an eagle, at times it looked like it had been thrown by the wind - a true amateur flyer. But then he gained more control and started moving towards us. I could now see that this creature out of the air was equipped with a shield, sword, and helmet. His wings were afloat - which was the reason for his strange flying style. He was crammed with some kind of backpack on his back. I held my breath. You have definitely concluded. Here was a god or hero and was going to use his sword to slice up the stinky eel. But what a fool! Instead of coming to my rescue, he threw himself on the ground by my parents. Later, I learned that he was asking for my hand in marriage in exchange for my rescue. My dad, as annoying as his way was, was negotiating with him a better deal. She took a deep breath and screamed:

"Come on! If you're going to save me, go ahead!"

At this point, the winged hero finally came to the idea that time is of the essence. He did what he was doing, fluttered over the beast with his sword, and struck this way and that, until he finally struck the house and his kebab through his neck. That night we ate fried eel on the beach.

So I learned the name of my hero. He called himself Perseus, son of Zeus. I must admit it was an improvement over my previous fiance. At least he was young and handsome, even an incompetent pilot, and he liked the sound of his voice very much. He sat talking with my father about the politics of Heaven and Earth, all his divine kin and all his heroic deeds and adventures. One of the things I noticed was that he never left his goat-skin bag out of his sight. When he placed it on the shore, all the seaweed instantly turned into coral. Everything that was inside of him had a very strong magic.

When he finally sat next to me I asked him:

So what brought you here, Perseus?

He said, "The wind." "Or maybe fate. My life has always been like this. When I was a child, my father put me in a cage with my mother and dropped us into the Aegean."

"Aren't parents great?" I will make a comment.

“Well, he had his reasons. Revelation told him that I was destined to kill him,” he explained. “For five days my mother and I were playing with the wind, being blown by the waves this way and that. In the end we were washed with shipwrecks and jets of water on the shore of the island of Serifos where we discovered the fisherman. He brought us to King Polydectes who took us to his palace and took care of us. The only problem was, you see. I imagined my beautiful mother Danae, the bride of Zeus. He came to her like a rain of golden rain. "

I said "as Zeus does."

“As time went by, and I got older, Polydectes resented me more and more. He thought I was holding back my mother from him. So when it was his birthday, he came with a buzz to get me out of the way. I asked him what he wanted as a gift - he answered,“ Gorgon Medusa head. ”

"Whose head?"

"Medusa. She was once a beautiful woman, but she also found a way to anger the gods by violating the temple of Athena. The vengeful goddess Medusa gave the worst hair day in history. She made her head full of snakes - hissing, spitting and wriggling. It's so terrifying to see that any man looks at her."










It instantly turns into stone. It's totally scary. "

"And the woman?" I asked.

"I don't know. I think it is men who fear Medusa's head the most."

I said, "Well, that's just research." "I wish you good luck with that." I thought maybe when he flew off the next time, he'd never come back. It was a pity, because as I said, he was such a nice looking guy. His muscles were just fine. But we didn't have time to chat any more because who should be there at the time, but the most annoying man in my life - and that says something - Uncle Phineus, the pirate who thought he had the right to marry his niece. Well, I now had a serie protector. There was only one problem. My uncle had a whole army with him.

When my uncle and prospective husband see Perseus sitting comfortably close to me, his eyes flared up with rage. He raised his spear ready to throw it on my body. That wasn't nice. My father got up and shouted:

"Brother, what are you doing? Perseus won the right to marry my daughter. Don't blame him for losing your bride. It was Poseidon who wanted to take her away from us all by sending his snake to devour her."

However, Phineus had a hot temper, and he heard nothing from it. He threw his spear and missed. Perseus would have returned it with interest - but my uncle sought divine protection by diving behind the altar of Bacchus. Then a great quarrel broke out between Venus' pirate army and my father's guards. Perseus was also active, cutting the pirates on the right and left with his sword, but our side of the family was clearly far fewer. When things were looking bad for us, Perseus picked up a bag of goat skin. I thought “Oh, he's gone, getting ready to run,” but now I know Perseus isn't the one to flee from combat. He called: "Our side, look away - now!" He turned his head away, reached out in the bag and pulled out Medusa's head. I can look at it because I'm a girl, and we women don't easily petrify the disgusting things like men. He was really hideous - more than a sea monster. It was a mixture of a pale but beautiful face and those awful vipers. They made my blood cool, but I didn't turn into stone. But the Phineus pirates immediately became statues. My uncle managed to look away at the last moment and was shielding his eyes with his sleeve. Now he began to plead:

"Perseus. You are the lawful husband of Andromeda. I admit that I was wrong to attack you. Mercy. Forgive me." But my fiancé is back:

Do not inquire. I will make you a permanent monument throughout the ages, and you will always be seen in my father-in-law's mansion. "

He walked to where Phineus was hiding and pinned snakes to his face - he, too, turned into a statue. I say it is a deserved fate.

I now realize that Perseus has already completed his mission to decapitate the Gorgon. He told me how Athena gave him the equipment he needed in order for the deed. She provided him with a bright shield, and required him to look only at Medusa's reflection, and not directly at her. She also gave him the divine sword with which to cut off her hateful head. Hermes, the messenger of the gods, provided him with the winged shoe and the cover of invisibility. It was a pity that he didn't give him a flying lesson either when he was spinning around.

The main problem was that Perseus did not know where on earth to find the ladies of Gorgon and Medusa. At first, he traveled to the lands of the snowy north, where the days are short and the skies dirty. There, in a damp and cold cave, he found three gray sisters sharing one eye. They were relatives of Medusa, and they definitely knew where it was inherited, but they were loath to betray their relatives and relatives. Perseus was quick and cunning, and when they passed the eye between them, sister to sister, he slipped in his hand and took it off from them. Now the Gray sisters were by their side:

"Return our eyes, Greek thief!" Raged.

"Ah, not until you tell me what I want to know." Advertise. In the end, these gray people had no choice but to give him directions to the Gorgons' Land, the road to the south, where Medusa could be found.

Armed with this knowledge, Perseus flew again. He flew south to the hot and sandy lands, and discovered the serpent-headed Gorgon Temple. He could hear the hiss of her snakes as her head lay on a grassy hill. Retreating back, guided only by the reflection of his shield, he crept on tiptoe carrying his divine sword. And at one speed he cut her head and put it in a bag of goat skin on loan from Hermes, through which the snakes could not bite.

Thus Perseus collected the head of Medusa the serpent. He flew back home, his wings smacking the gentle air. As he passed over Libya, the Gorgon blood flowed from his bag and fell on the desert sands. Since then it has been a place where snakes stare. When he reached the coast, the wind started blowing - he was at their mercy - carried this road and that - just as he was like a baby on the waves of the sea. A stream of air carried him high into the sky and threw him at the edge of the world - the place where Atlas Giant lived. Now Atlas was jealously guarding his orchard, the Hesperides Garden, where golden apples grew on trees. The suspiciously strong man suspected that the son of Zeus had come to steal his precious fruits. Giant as he was, he believed that no small man could defeat him - so how could he? And he came to strike Perseus and drive him out to the underworld. But he did not count on the hero's secret weapon. Perseus pulled the head of a feral snake from his goatskin bag. Medusa's face petrified atlas. His hair and beard became trees. His huge body turned into a mountain rock and his land. His head was its summit. It grew to a tremendous height and the sky settled on it with all its stars. Now, forever, it is the object that was once Atlas that holds the top of the world. His huge body turned into a mountain rock and his land. His head was its summit. It grew to a tremendous height and the sky settled on it with all its stars. Now, forever, it is the object that was once Atlas that holds the top of the world. His huge body turned into a mountain rock and his land. His head was its summit. It grew to a tremendous height and the sky settled on it with all its stars







a. Now, forever, it is the object that was once Atlas that holds the top of the world.


The storm had settled, and Perseus was able to resume his journey, but was so derailed that he did not know where he was. This is how he found himself drifting over the rock I was tied to. It was a coincidence that brought him to me. But no, there is no coincidence. The gods meant it. Was fate.


The day after fighting with the pirates, she married Perseus. I must say I was satisfied. After all, we were a handsome couple, identical in beauty, but not in minds. Of course, I was ten times smarter than him. A few weeks of near perfection passed, and then one morning he told me:


"Darling Andromeda. It is time to meet my mother."


Now girls, just you know, that's something all guys are about sooner or later. It is just something that you have to go through.


She protested, "but she lives far across the sea, how are we going to get to her place?"


He said, "Shave."


"Shave? If you think I'm raising your back while you're flapping those winged sandals, you've got something else coming. No thank you. I'm an earth-loving girl."


Perseus was naturally extinguished by this speech - but I mean, did he really think I would entrust myself to what he called "the winds of fate?" No way! But he came back a few days later with a more acceptable idea. When he killed Medusa, a winged horse named Pegasus appears to have jumped from her neck. He did some private prayer for his half-sister Athena, and she asked Pegasus to jump over the seas, take us and take us home. Yes, that was the way to fly! What a journey! We are the two of us on this adorable and adorable white horse with a suitable wing that can beat the air and carry us smoothly over all the turmoil. The sea is below us, and the sky above - all extended and curved at the edges - just as it was there to us and only. I could see ships, dolphins and sparkling waves covered in white feathers. Golden sunset. Silver moon. Rosie Dawn - It was like we were gods!


When we reached the island of Serifos, we went straight to the palace to meet the king.


"Welcome again Percy," he said with care. Personally, I don't like this title and I always call it Perseus. "I see that you got a beautiful horse and a beautiful bride. But what did you bring me? The head of the Gorgon proved a lot to you? Even though you are the son of Zeus."


Perseus said, "Behold!" He pulls the hideous thing out of his briefcase. The king saw his birthday present, Medusa's head, and turned to stone.


After that I met my mother-in-law, Danai. Not exaggerate. She was indeed a true beauty and a fit bride for Zeus. Then Perseus had to see another important woman in his life - his half-sister Athena. Shield and sword returned to her. He also gave her the head of Medusa, which she had placed on her shield, so that all her enemies would petrify. Hermes brought back the winged sandals - I tell them miserable fate, and the goat skin bag.


Perseus was still my hero. Beautiful, strong, a bit thick. This is not entirely the end of the story. A few years later, he participated in some sports. It was, after all, something that he was good at. He was about to win the javelin competition, throwing his spear at his target well and correctly. But at that moment, the old man, slightly dazed, entered his path. He was killed on the spot. So Perseus's life was once again determined by fate. He killed his father, King Zeus, who had adequately placed him and his mother in a cage in the seas all those years.


What happened to me? Well, I was mortal, and after so many years, I was fated to die. But since I was the wife of a hero and a man of God, Perseus decided to honor me. He turned me into a constellation called, of course, Andromeda. My mom, dad, the pegasus horse and the wild sea monster are all here with me. Perseus is a little further. What does a constellation look like? Well, life here is pretty glamorous, as you can imagine. We have everything we need to shine, shine and look beautiful. We have gorgeous views of the planets and the infinite majesty of space. But yeah, I miss the warmth of the human blood in my veins, and the embrace of my hero, Perseus.

كتابة تعليق

Random Posts